What information are we collecting and how are we collecting it?
When you order products or services, participate in surveys and other online activities, or apply for a job through MTEN websites, we may ask you to provide personal information to complete these transactions. The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address; and other unique information such as user IDs and passwords, billing and transaction information, credit card information, product and service preferences, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data. In addition to the information you provide to us, MTEN may also collect information during your visit to the MTEN Network through our automatic data collection tools (“Data Collection Tools”), which include cookies, embedded Web links, and other commonly used information-gathering tools. These Data Collection Tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type and language, access times, and the address of the website from which you arrived at MTEN. These Data Collection Tools may also collect information about your Internet Protocol (IP) address, clickstream behavior and product information. When a visitor requests a page from any web site within the MTEN Network, our web servers automatically recognize that visitor's domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed our site. MTEN also collects information from credible third-party commercially available sources. This information may include your name, address, email address and demographic data which may be may be used along with the information MTEN collects when you visit MTEN site.
How does MTEN use your information?
MTEN may use your information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Providing goods, programs and services, enrolling you in MTEN membership and collecting dues and other payments;
- Providing information to members and others who have participated in, or otherwise expressed in interest in, MTEN activities;
- Responding to inquiries;
- Sharing information with certain third parties to provide you with goods and services that may be relevant to MTEN members;
- Providing contact information in the MTEN member directory, in the MTEN communities and for specific purposes on the website; and
- Conducting surveys.
MTEN also provides contact information on its website of members who have provided that information, and the contact information is accessible on the password-protected portion of the website designed for members-only access. Members may edit the contact, biographic and demographic information in the MTEN database, and each individual member's data is accessible to that member, through use of that member's password.
Credit card information is not used for any purpose other than payment processing and fraud prevention. In addition, credit card information and other sensitive personal information required to process a credit decision is not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or MTEN and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services, unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future purchases.
Will MTEN provide links to third-party websites?
What are cookies and how do we use them?
What are embedded web links and how do we use them?
Some emails from MTEN may use links designed to lead you to a relevant area on the Web. The redirection system allows MTEN to change the destination URL of these links, if necessary, and to determine the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives. In emails, such web links may also allow MTEN to determine whether you have clicked a link in an email, and this information about the interaction may be connected to your personal identity. If you do not want MTEN to collect information about the links that you click, you can: (1) change your choice about how you receive communications from MTEN (i.e. choose a text-based version of the message where available); or (2) choose not to click links in an email that MTEN sends.
Will we disclose the information we collect to outside third parties?
MTEN shares personal information in the following ways:
(1) MTEN retains service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions and to assist MTEN with marketing and communication initiatives. Suppliers and service providers are required to keep confidential the information received on behalf of MTEN and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for MTEN.
Visitors’ GDPR Rights
According to the GDPR a “data subject” is defined as an identifiable natural person. A natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as: a name, an identification number, location data, or online identifier. Alternatively, they may be identified by reference to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person. A data subject may be of any age or nationality. As a data subject, within the European Union, you are entitled to certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Those rights include:
- You have the right to be informed with respect to your personally identifiable information (PII) retained by MTEN. As such, you may request access to your data that the MTEN stores and the rights to either correct or erase your personal data.
- We will retain any personally identifiable information you choose to provide to us unless: (a) you request for us to delete the information, (b) we stop using our existing data providers, or (c) at MTEN’s discretion, we decide to remove the data.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- You have the right to withdraw consent provided to MTEN concerning the processing of your personal data, as well as the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
- You have the right to not be subjected to automated decision-making via pre-ticked boxes, additions to our email marketing lists and the like.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us by way of downloading a lead magnet, webinar, freebie or any other traditional list building methods.
How do I select privacy preferences?
You may opt out of receiving communications from MTEN by using one of the following methods:
(1) Select the email "opt out" or "unsubscribe" link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each email communication;
(2) Return to the MTEN webpages where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt-out instructions;
(3) Write to MTEN at the address below, or send an email to email@example.com Be sure to provide your name, email, and specific relevant information about the MTEN communications that you no longer wish to receive.
Please note that when you opt out of receiving certain communications, it may affect the services you have chosen to receive from MTEN where accepting the communications is a condition of receiving the services.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, MTEN utilizes appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect. MTEN uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information such as credit card information. Credit card numbers are used only for processing payments and are not used for other purposes.
Our postal address is:
More Than Esquires Network | 1732 1st Avenue #20658 | New York, NY 10128
We can be reached via e-mail here.